This time I would like to share for you how to know your girlfriend's ring size which is one of the problems facing any man - is discovering what size of the ring can fit.
Finding out your girlfriend’s ring size, if you’re trying to keep your proposal a surprise, requires a certain amount of ingenuity – and sometimes the help of her mother or a friend. Here are some ideas:
- If she already wears a ring on one of her ring fingers and takes it off at night, then this may give you (or her mother or friend) the opportunity to quickly figure out the size. This you can do either by:
- pressing it into a small bar of soft soap to leave an imprint
- tracing a line round the inside of the ring onto a piece of paper, or
- pushing the ring down onto one of your fingers, as far as it will go and making a small pen mark at the point where it stops – then measure round your finger to determine her ring size. (Note: If you’re using the soap trick then do remember to wipe any traces of soap off the ring before you put it back)
out her jewelry box for a ring you can borrow or take a tracing, as
Where possible take one that you know she wears on her ring finger, in case you take one that she wears on a different size finger – or is one that doesn’t fit her any more.
- Take a piece of string when she’s asleep and gently wind it once round her finger. Make sure that the string is not wound round too tight and that it can be moved gently over her knuckle. Take hold of it at the point where it meets the end of the string and then gently remove the string from her finger, whilst keeping hold of the meeting point. Make a pen mark or cut the string length at this point. Measure the short piece of string to figure out her ring size. This trick can be difficult to achieve if she’s a light sleeper. Plus the sizing may not always be totally accurate. However, it can provide a guideline.
- This next trick is a good way of checking whether your string measurement was correct. Buy an inexpensive but pretty costume jewelry ring in the size of your measurement. If however, you haven’t been able to do the string trick, then aim to buy a costume ring that is a size 6 – since this is the average ring size for a girl (or, if you suspect that her fingers are larger than the average girl, get a larger size) Next, pretend that you’ve either a) found it lying in the street b) won it in a competition, or c)say that your friend bought it as a present for his girlfriend but it doesn’t fit her. Offer the ring to your girlfriend. Hopefully, she’ll like it enough to try it on and you can see how well it fits her finger. This trick can also be a good way to check out her taste in jewelry – for example: try and get a costume ring in a similar style to the one you are thinking of buying her as an engagement ring.
- Get help from your girlfriend’s mother or a good friend, who can keep a secret. Ask them to include a window shopping trip to a jeweller and try on some rings, the next time they go shopping with your girl friend. This is a good way to discover not just the ring size but your girlfriend’s preference for ring styles as well.
- If all else fails, you will either have to:
- guess the size and have the ring re-sized if you get it wrong (so make sure when you buy the ring that it can be re-sized, or
- let your girlfriend in on part of the secret by suggesting that she try on some rings whilst you are out shopping one day. Now she’ll probably guess what you’re planning but won’t know when or where. However, at least this way, you’ll know her exact ring size and have a better idea about her likes and dislikes. Plus, by her reaction to the jewelry trip, you’ll get a good idea as to whether she’s likely to accept your eventual marriage proposal.
So I'll give you this ring sizing chart link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_size that gives you the diameter of each ring size and the corresponding code letter for each size. Use this to help you determine your girlfriend’s ring size , once you have managed to obtain a tracing from one of her rings, or you have one of her rings to compare.
Thank you and Good Luck!